What happens when I contact The Talk Lady?
When you contact me you will be offered a free telephone consultation so we can get a clear picture of the kind of support or service is required.
I will ask some questions about your child’s communication and discuss how I can help.
This includes information about
* When an Initial Assessment could take place
* The fees charged for both Assessments and subsequent therapy sessions.
* If it is appropriate we can plan a course of therapy
* Sessions can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly all depending on the individual needs of your child
* Sometimes just one session is enough to give you the reassurance you need to support your child’s speech and language development
Building a Confident Communicator
Speech & Language Therapy Sessions will be based on the findings from the initial assessment and will be tailored specifically to your child’s needs
As a Specialist Speech & Language Therapist I will ensure that each and every therapy session is fun and effective by using a range of games and fun therapy resources to motivate your child and help him / her learn effectively and meet achieve therapy goals. In addition your child will receive activities to try at home between sessions to back up the progress made.
Speech & Language Therapy is more effective when the child is supported by those close to them such as parents, carers and teachers. I can provide home and school programmes, complimentary advice and practical ways that the techniques used in the therapy process can be woven into everyday activities and routines.
What Services can I offer?
At The Talk Lady Independent Speech Therapy I can provide specific support to develop a wide of range of communication skills.
This can involve:
* Assessing and identifying difficulties
* One to one therapy sessions
* Group therapy sessions
* Teaching alternative methods of communication e.g. Signing, PECS
* Training parents and education staff
* Report writing
* Attendance at meetings
* Identifying and setting targets
* Whatever it takes to help your child communicate with confidence